Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Break Trip











My friend Brian and I ventured to Southwestern Colorado (Ouray, Silverton, Durango, and Grand Junction specifically) for a mountain biking adventure Spring Break. We took Maggie, Brian's canine companion, which was also fun. The first night we got into Ourey during a snowstorm, and snuck into a hot spring to drink some Captain. It was a blast. Imagine sitting in a hot tub during a heavy snowstorm drinking. It doesn't get much better than that.

The following day we met up with Brad Legge, Brian's friend who is also an expert ski guide. I can't get over how dangerous those ski runs looked. Here is a pic of the cabin we stayed in.



We mountain biked heavily the next three days, an adventure I will never forget. Imagine riding downhill at 20+ mph on a trail three feet wide and to your left is a 300+ft cliff. Scary and exhilarating. Unfortunately I broke my deraillieur hanger on the third day, but it was the last run anyways so that was okay. I just had to ride down and couldn't peddle.
In other news, I am almost finished with Phase 2 of P90X. Here are some pics to show my progress. Enjoy! Peace! John

No comments: