Monday, September 8, 2008

Life in Full Swing!

Hey all!

Well our lives are officially in full swing now. John has several weeks of teaching under his belt and I have begun my work as a substitute teacher. I must admit I'm excited to be out of the house for at least part of the day and my first few days have gone by with very few problems. I'm very thankful for that.

A week ago we met up with Nichole, Brian, and their girls in Boise, Idaho for the long Labor day weekend. We had such a wonderful time that we began planning a trip up to see them in Washington before their big move back to the midwest. We were able to see a lot of the fun attractions that Boise has to offer, and get to spend some quality time with some of our favorite people! I couldn't believe how much Sophie and Maddie had changed since I saw them a few short months ago in South Dakota. It really was amazing!

Day-to-day life is pretty easy going around here. Now that I'm substitute teaching, John and I are both at the school from 7 to about 3. I have also been asked to work in the high school office Wednesday mornings which will be a nice break from substituting and also allow me to hopefully get the upper hand on some subbing opportunities! Other than work we also spend quite a bit of time at play. We have been lucky enough to make some wonderful friends here who have many of the same interests as we do. John has joined a fantasy football team, we're in the planning stages of a book and wine club, and we get together at least once a week for a game or two. We couldn't ask for much more.

It is so hard to believe that we have been here for a month and a half. It seems crazy. We feel so blessed to have been able to still stay in close contact with family and friends. Meeting up with Nichole, Brian, and the girls, was such a blessing; especially for me. Having some quality family time definitely has helped me with the transition. We are so excited to have some of you visit. John's brother Dylan and a few of our friends are possibly planning a trip to visit and my mom will be heading west in October. We can't wait to show each and everyone of you our new home and community.

We miss you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was great seeing you guys too and we are so excited for you to make the trip up. Who knew Boise was so rockin?? - Brian